1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:38
The new trans for my MKI moke has a 3.44fd. I had several that I took apart for spares and learning. Learned that there are several differences between early and later ones. In an effort to have the speedometer read somewhat close, when I took it all apart to clean I changed the inside unit to a 1280 tpm one. Took the odo completely apart to clean and lightly lube so hopefully it will turn over better. Used a drill to drive it to make sure it works, only took three tries. Repainted the inside with a gloss paint hoping to get more light for the face. Used a digital laser tach (off ebay) to measure the drill speed so I would know where 60mph is to re-install the needle. New glass, jewels and chrome bezel. I reset the odo to 00000 as I figure it will be a new vehicle when done. That is not tracked on vehicles over 25 years old here. One more part done in the build.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Live Laugh Moke