Engine mount

Mokes and related items wanted
Drummondmoke
MMC Member

Engine mount

Post by Drummondmoke » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:20

HELP! I need the mounting under the rad' that bolts to the gearbox and the rubber mount them bolt to that.
Its the early one I need pre 1968 part number 22A30

Wally2
MMC Member

Re: Engine mount

Post by Wally2 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 13:43

Hi,
Looked on all the usual suppliers, no one seems to have the bracket. Advice from Sommerford site is to contact them for an alternative, so you could try there.
http://www.somerfordmini.co.uk/eshop/in ... age&id=121
Good luck
Chris

Tim

Post by Tim » Fri Jul 04, 2014 20:56

If you find one secondhand it will probably have fatigue cracks. Unless you are concerned about originality the alloy and steel version is more robust.

If you get really stuck I think I have a spare.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.

Drummondmoke
MMC Member

Post by Drummondmoke » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:13

Have tried sumerford mini, no joy.
Half our one missing so can not weld back to gether.
Really need second hand one, if any one willing to part with one stashed away !

Tim

Post by Tim » Tue Jul 08, 2014 23:24

Try Tim Harber at http://www.minimail.co.uk/ he's a good source for second hand parts for older Minis. He doesn't list everything he has on his site, so best to contact him directly.

If you still come up blank, I'll have a look at what I've got. I recently picked up three 850 engines and I think at least one still has the bracket..

Alternatively convert to the later/cooper style, which is quite a bit better and doesn't suffer from fatigue like the 850 one. Its a bit fiddly to fit, you need to change some studs in the gearbox casing from memory, but other than not looking original its a better solution.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.

Tim

Post by Tim » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:37

I've had a dig through my parts and found two of them. Both have been welded but still need more work. One was given to me by a fellow enthusiast, who even paid the postage, but as I now have two I'm happy to send it to you for the same price I paid, if you still need it.

Tim

Drummondmoke
MMC Member

Post by Drummondmoke » Fri Jul 11, 2014 14:45

Tim
One of your second hand ones would be really good. Will gladly pay for it. contact me. dave_hollingworth@drummondestates.org.uk

Drummondmoke
MMC Member

Post by Drummondmoke » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:47

Result :D :D well done Tim. Could you send some of your sunny weather with the part, don't see the sun as much as we would like in Scotland !,
on second thoughts the import duty would probably be through the roof!!!

Nigel(no top)Sykes
MMC Member

Post by Nigel(no top)Sykes » Tue Jul 15, 2014 16:40

No sun!!! That's why you've been graced with Scotch....to make up for it
As advertised on TV

Tim

Post by Tim » Tue Jul 15, 2014 23:55

Sorry, we haven't got any sun to spare, its the middle of winter here and although it has been fairly mild so far, it has been quite overcast and damp. It only managed 9°C yesterday.

I'll try to get it in the mail today Dave.

Tim

Return to “Wanted”