Internatinal Mini Moke Meeting

Posts relating to the Club.
Sibbo

Internatinal Mini Moke Meeting

Post by Sibbo » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:26

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find out more information on International Mini Moke meetings?? I have read that there is one in the Isle of Man but cant find anything about when it is etc..

Thanks

Wally2
MMC Member

Re: Internatinal Mini Moke Meeting

Post by Wally2 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:09

Not heard anything, but Isle of Man would be good!!!

Chris
Chris
WEEMOKE
JUX180D

Sibbo

Post by Sibbo » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:47

That's what I thought but cant seem to find anything on IMMM's at all apart from Switzerland this year. Do they have a website or is it run by a club?? anyone know??

grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:38

Hi. The IMMM was originally run by the Moke Club. recently it has been organised by Daniel 2012, Wesley 2013, nothing in 2014 due to IMM in Kent, and MIni Club Romand this year. The club nor any one else has yet confirmed an IMMM yet. I know Steve, club events guy was looking at something, but no plans yet for next year.
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1992 VW T3 Multivan LLE No 2113
2004 VW T5 Multivan
2008 VW Westphalia Sven Hedin

govig

Post by govig » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:41

Not heard of a Moke meeting in the Isle of Man this year or next. There is a Mini club there that have a Mini Meet every two years. As the last was 2014 then there should be another this year and it's usually in July over a weekend. That said, it is not Moke orientated but I know any Moke owner would receive a very warm welcome. I have just checked their website and nothing mentions a meet this year as yet.

We went to the 2011 meet in our Mini saloon and had a great time. For those who have never been to the island it is a truly fabulous place when the sun shines. Empty roads compared to the UK, great scenery (a bit like the Peak District but with the sea....) and a rapidly disappearing apparent time warp back 30 ish years. The locals are generally very friendly too and all in all it is a very pleasant and unusual holiday destination.

A ro-ro ferry operates twice a day from Heysham to Douglas all year round and in the summer a fast craft operates from Liverpool. The summer fares aren't particularly cheap. PM me if you ever need any other IOM info.

govig

Post by govig » Sat Apr 23, 2016 17:34

Return to “Club Talk”