Pocket car battery Jump Starter

Questions (and answers) about Mokes that are not covered elsewhere.
Doug G
MMC Member

Pocket car battery Jump Starter

Post by Doug G » Wed Jul 04, 2018 22:09

Anyone used or got one of these?Image

Beatit BT-D11 800A Peak 18000mAh 12V Portable Car Jump Starter (up to 7.5L Gas Or 5.5L Diesel) with Smart Jumper Cables Auto Battery Booster Power Pack

Price: $69.99
Color: D11
Jump Starter Car Life Saver Jump starts your vehicle (up to 7.0L gas or 5.5L diesel engine) up to 30 times with 800 amps of peak current and heavy duty clamps and cables
The kit is compact enough to store in your glove box. Recharges in just 5.5 hours using the included charger

18000mAh, dual USB ports, can be used to charge smartphones, tablets, laptops and other devices. The intelligent clamps has over current, short circuit, overload, over-voltage, over-charge protection

LCD lights can exactly show the remaining power; 2X USB charging ports can be used as a portable battery charger; SOS flash light is helpful when taking outdoor adventures and emergency use
What you get: Beat it jump starter D11, intelligent clamps, wall charger, car charger, USB cable, portable compressive case (gift), welcome guide, 2-Year warranty and friendly customer service
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Having a moking good time!

AndrewSanDiego

Re: Pocket car battery Jump Starter

Post by AndrewSanDiego » Wed Jul 11, 2018 0:12

I have a similar one, and it works well - I have even used it to jump start my Moke. Far better than carrying around jumper cables. HOWEVER, if you need to jump start your Moke (or any other car), ask yourself, "have I checked the battery fluid lately?". After using the jump starter, I took my Moke for a drive to charge up the battery. A couple of miles later, there was a large BANG, and well, things went downhill. It wasn't a backfire, it was a battery low on fluid making lots of hydrogen, and somewhere there must have been a spark. . .
Exploded Moke battery.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Farmer

Re: Pocket car battery Jump Starter

Post by Farmer » Sat Jul 28, 2018 19:04

This information was offered to me but relating to modern cars. I was told that these jumpers will only work when there is some charge in the battery. They will not start a car with a completely flat battery. Maybe the older cars with more basic electrics may be different. Does anyone have experience of this?

Return to “Moke Talk”