"Choke" Fuel tanks

PJ

"Choke" Fuel tanks

Post by PJ » Tue May 01, 2012 7:12

Has anyone out there bought a Choke tank from Minisport?

PJ
You don't give up Moking when you get old ...... you get old when you give up Moking!

Tim

Re: Fuel tanks

Post by Tim » Tue May 01, 2012 9:56

Choke owners would have, I'd guess. As far as I'm aware the Choke tanks are unique to Chokes, they won't fit either a top or side-fill Moke without modifications.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.

PJ

Post by PJ » Tue May 01, 2012 14:18

Last edited by PJ on Mon Mar 07, 2016 19:42, edited 1 time in total.
You don't give up Moking when you get old ...... you get old when you give up Moking!

grantourer
MMC Member

Post by grantourer » Tue May 01, 2012 15:33

Hi PJ. Why not get one fabricated? You could then include all the bits you need for the injection, found these on the web.

http://www.centralprecision.co.uk/index ... &Itemid=29
Regards, Graham & Judith
1981 Aussie Moke
1989 Portuguese Moke
1992 VW T3 Multivan LLE No 2113

PJ

Post by PJ » Tue May 01, 2012 20:22

Last edited by PJ on Mon Mar 07, 2016 19:40, edited 1 time in total.

janz
MMC Member

Post by janz » Wed May 02, 2012 22:53

Graham, PJ, very interesting.... been looking at much the same - sick of leaks etc due to nozzle damaging the rubber hose connection to tank. The top fill is much better. I was thinking of getting mine modified with the neck of a L/R Series1 tank.... or equivalent. Which company do you know of in London, PJ?
Get a life, Get a Moke...
JanZ

Tim

Post by Tim » Thu May 03, 2012 0:07

I'd assume that the Choke tanks are pretty close to the same diameter as a late model cylindrical tank. It says on the Moke Austraia website that they fit all Moke Californians. Which is wrong, of course, it wouldn't fit mine.. The side panniers of a Choke are almost the same dimensions as a Moke's, although they are probably a few mm wider because they don't have the pressings in the inner wall. The tank would have to have baffles, they are so long and thin you couldn't have half a tank full sloshing back and forwards.

The Moke Australia website shows that they are 1123mm long if that's any help to you. http://www.mokeaustralia.com/products/F ... -28-1.html

I'm sure that werewolf can answer your questions and would be delighted to sell you one.

Tim
Any sarcastic, ignorant, libellous, unfounded or stupid opinions expressed in or through this message are the opinions of the author and do not reflect the opinions or views of any member of The Mini Moke Club or the opinions or views of any other individual.

Return to “Cooling/Fuel/Exhaust”